- DI Only Cost
- Multi-Filter Cost
- Multi-Filter will save
- Buying Multi-Filter instead
of DI will pay off in Loading...
How Does This Calculator Work?
To make this calculator as simple as possible, we made a number of assumptions.
- For upfront cost, we compared the base prices of our most popular DI system (Unger HydroPower) and what we think of a an "average" Multi-Filter System (Triple Crown Twin Flow). Prices were as of October 2017.
- We also assumed that you'd restrict the flow on your DI system, which is what most of our customers tell us that they do. Though the Unger HydroPower is capable of a higher flow rate, we assumed it would be at 1.5 gpm, same as the Twin Flow. If you run the DI system at it's maximum flow, the cost per hour of DI Only will increase.
- We used a state-wide average for TDS (total dissolved solids) based on data from Zero Water. TDS can vary quite a bit from site to site, even in a small geographical area.
- We disregarded less significant factors such as the exact contents of the water. There are a lot of details that you can get into, but by far the biggest factor is TDS so we focused on that.
What if we got more specific?
You can run the numbers based on different TDS levels, different systems, and include additional factors that we left out. However, we kept things simple for a reason. We wanted to illustrate the idea that DI costs more to operate than Multi-Filter. The payoff for choosing Multi-Filter is usually very quick. This remains true unless you have very low TDS and/or will use the system very little.
Hopefully this calculator helps you in deciding what system is best for you. There's more to consider, and you can find out about it here. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out at 800-989-4003 or by clicking the live chat link at the bottom of your screen.